Dear Spartan Families,
St. Charles High School will begin conditioning on Monday, October 5th, 2020, for all SPRING SPORTS.
While we will have extensive protocols in place for our coaches and student-athletes, I wanted to provide you with a breakdown of the policies that pertain to you and your child. Please take a moment to review these protocols to ensure that when your child attends conditioning, he/she complies with all expectations. Any failure to comply with these safety protocols will result in the student’s non-participation, and, in such an event, a parent/guardian would need to return to the school to take the child home promptly.
Synopsis of Rules/Regulations/Protocols
1. All workouts will adhere to the social distancing guidelines, according to Governor Hogan, Dr. Hill, and CCPS Policies.
2. All workouts are VOLUNTARY. However, if your child wants to attend, they must be registered for their respective sport and CLEARED before attending the training.
-When you register online, you will be mandated to provide documentation for your most CURRENT PHYSICAL and sign the COVID19 WAIVER.
-If new to the St. Charles High School or have never registered for an athletic team during your time at St. Charles, you will have to take the IMPACT TEST. (impact test is on our sports website, and athletes only need to take the impact test one time during their four years at St. Charles).
3. All sports registrations must be submitted online 48 hours before the start of a conditioning workout.
-For example, if your child wants to participate on Monday, October 5th, they must be registered by Sunday, October 3rd, at 4:00 PM. If they register after 4:00 PM on the 5th, the athlete will not be cleared to workout until Tuesday, October 7th.
4. All student-athletes need to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of in person conditioning. In person workout will be from 4:00pm -6:00pm. Coaches will inform of the start of 90 minute workout and what day(s) of the week.
5. All student-athletes and coaches will need to wear a mask when they arrive and leave workouts. They will also need to bring their own water.
-I would strongly recommend buying a gallon jug of water and putting a child’s name on it. If they fail to have water, they will not be permitted to stay on campus.
6. All student-athletes will check-in at the table located by the access road on the school’s tennis courtside.
-After checking in, athletes will be directed to where their workout is being held. Ms. Smith AD will use online registrations to create a list of cleared athletes for each sport, which coaches will use to create conditioning groups that comply with existing protocols regarding group sizes.
-There will be cones set-up in the parking lot to maintain social distancing guidelines when people check-in.
7. These workouts are CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
-No one is permitted to be at workouts if the athletic director does not clear them. That includes parents, former players, coaches, etc.
8. Each team will be assigned a specific area, and they are not to socialize with other teams or groups.
9. Restrooms will be available outside of the stadium.
10. Participation in these workouts does not guarantee that you will make the team when we hold tryouts.
11. If there is bad weather in the forecast, Coach Lush will let the coaches and students know if the workouts are canceled by 1:00.
-This decision will be sent in an email and posted on our Athletics Website ( stcharlessports.com) as well as our Twitter @SchsSathletics
-If we have a “pop-up storm” during the workout, a planned procedure has been given to coaches to take the students to a safe location that will adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
12. If your son/daughter is not feeling well, please do not send them to workouts. Our website has a pre-screening questionnaire to help parents/guardians.
13. Contact Tracing Forms: will be used by coaches for their teams. The contact tracing form is for record-keeping for each conditioning session and filed by each coach with the Athletic Director.
14. If an athlete tests positive for Covid19, the Charles County Health Department will lead the contact tracing process and notify CCPS.
15. All student-athletes need to be picked up no later than 6:15 PM.
-If a student is at the school later than 6:15, they will not be permitted to return.
To complete online athletic registration, please visit:
Should you have any questions about our 1st Semester Conditioning plan or the online registration process, please feel free to reach out to our Athletic Director, Jennifer Smith (email@example.com).